Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 09, 2014

First day of CNY 2014!

Finally the day is here!!! First day of CNY!!! 

I remembered always looking forward to the CNY when I was a kid, enjoying the journey back to Malacca, waiting to put on the new clothes, waiting to greet our grandparents and parents to receive the red packets, preparing to feast especially on first day of CNY as my grandma used to cook a full table of vegetarian food to pray and for us all to eat for brunch and the long awaited firecrackers to be ignited and waiting for night time to play fireworks with all my cousins, and always remembered that we will not get scolded for during the CNY period! But seems like its very different for our kids now, nothing for them to anticipate for, no fireworks to enjoy, new clothing is no longer a luxury as they get it during anytime of the year too!  I would wished my kids can enjoy what I had gone through as a child but I think it's tough, unless I can bring them back in a time capsule to my era in Malacca and am sure they would have a blast!!!

This year, we decided to wear the same top, and this piece was picked by Adwin in the shop, 5 oranges!!! Hahaha... But we did look good in them!!! :p


Hard to get the 3 of them together for a nice picture as the 2 elder As are not as cooperative this year!!

Our first stop, my in-laws aka WL's parents place...


The best 红曲面线 cooked by my MIL, I only managed to learn to make the red wine residue from her but not the cooking of it yet!! Hahaha... I think better for me to eat here then to cook it myself!!! :p


Our next stop, my parents place!!! As my parents, brother and my sister's family would return to Malacca on first day of CNY, we always need to pop by after lunch at my in-laws place. Get together of cousins on CNY!! Not difficult to spot my kids this year!! Lol...


Our first CNY shot!!!

No comments: