Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 02, 2014

CNY 2014 preparation

This year had been a super busy year for me!! I done lots of things this year!!! I managed to housekeep my kitchen, storeroom and part of my kids and my wardrobe!! And I managed to make many CNY decors too, for my home, my in-laws and my parents!! Super duper happy!! And I also managed to bake lots of cookies!!  Never imagine myself to be sooo productive before! Hahaha...

For my CNY decors, I had bought a book about making lanterns using Ang baos and never had the time to do any for the past 2 years, though I had been flipping through it many times, imagine the steps of doing it, but either not enough materials or not enough time!! So this year, I planned out my time nicely, a week for handicraft and a week just for baking!!! So my preparation for the CNY started right after Xmas!!! Lol... Super kiasu!!!

Here's my handicraft for the year...
Our house decor...  Made some changes to the decors being hang at the bottom to fishes!! 

A new item in the market, made of real garlic!!! It symbolizes prosperity, as the Chinese name of garlic is the same pronunciation as 'count', as in counting money! Am really glad many people commented that its very nice!!! And worth the effort of making it!!! :) I 

And I made this pair of 花球 for my in laws... An easy and very pretty one!!

And this pair of lantern, which l saw 2 years back at a food court!! Lol...  For my parents home in Malaysia!!

This is our first year buying Pussy willows to be displayed at home!!  Managed to get a small bunch of it at Chinatown night market about 2 weeks back for only $5! And it bloomed into worm-liked flowers a week later!! Amazing to see it grow leaves too!!!


As for cookies, I did pineapple tarts, butter cookies, peanut cookies, almond cookies, honeyed cornflakes, almond thins (using egg whites), fried arrowroots, fried crab sticks! And failed Kueh Bangkit!!! Lol... 

These are my pretty butter cookies!! Well loved by my kids!

My jars of finished products!!!

My 2 little helpers on the honeyed cornflakes!! Great to have little helpers with my 500gms of these cornflakes!! Hahaha... It took them about 2-1/2 hours to finish them!!!



And after all these are done, it's time for our CNY!!! Happy!!!

No comments: