Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Our trip to Bangkok 2013 - Day 1

This is another super overdue post.... I had been saving all my photos into the draft, so I can fill in the details when I got the time....

First time for us to have a family trip together with Ashley's childcare friend's family... As we (me & Ashley's friend's mummy) thought that the girls as well as their siblings would be able to enjoy a trip with their friends... Many destinations came to mind... but we also need to make sure that there's things or fun for the kids to enjoy while we adults plan for the trip... As I am not an adventurous person, so I am not going for any free and easy tour... As I hate to do all the reading before and trip... and hate to plan for any thing am not familiar with... Furthermore it's traveling with my 3 kids!!!

We had breakfast after checking in at the Mei cafe before boarding... My Alvan days before he turned 2 years old, so we can still get baby rate for him rather than paying for toddler's fare! Hahaha... Cheapo! :p

These are the 5 kids for the trip!! Haha...

We were picked up by a mini bus to send us to the hotel after we touched down in bangkok...

A big white Xmas tree at the hotel lobby... And my Alvan was soooo happy whenever he sees a Xmas Tree!!

It was our free and easy day after we reached Bangkok, so we decided to go to Madam Tussaud, since we had bought the combo tickets for it with the Underwater World... And since there's no demonstrations due to the King's birthday and the places we were heading to was actually opposite the Police headquaters where the demonstration had been taking place for the past few weeks!!

Anyway, there were not much variety for lunch when we reach the building of Madam Tussaud, and we would preferred to go for local food, so here we were, a local restaurant....

This is a Pork Stew meal, mainly for my Alvan... Nice and not spicy and most importantly, he's enjoying it! :)  

Daddy had a seafood spicy soup, nice too!! Can't find such soup in Singapore though... guess it's authentic Thai food!!

We head right over to the musuem after our lunch, as it was pretty late and hope we have enough time to see all the wax figurines!!

This is one I like... Princess Diana... I remembered we went to the Madam Tussaud musuem when me & WL went to London for our honeymoon, but did not enjoy as much as we did here in Bangkok... and amazingly, the kids had an awesome time too!!! :)


Tiger woods and our kids!!! Hahaha...

My rocker kids!!! Hahaha..

Alvan and daddy trying to beat the drum set!!! :)


The combo tickets include a wax hand too... so Adwin and daddy doing a wax mold together!!!  Mind you, the wax is hot!! I really didn't expect it to be hot, especially when no one complain about the heat after dipping into it!!! OMG...


Spraying some gliterings to the mold...

We had our dinner at the Paragon there... Japanese food!! The food court was really huge, but surprisingly, mainly were serving Japanese food rather than local food... Yes, they do have many food kiosk selling local snacks...

As usual, my son enjoying his cars!!! :0

This was the restaurant we dine in... food was ok, but pricey compared to Singapore...

This was another thing we tried, their Beef noodles... and it was really yummy!!! Hahaha... :p


Fruits... glorious fruits!!! We bought back Guavas, pineapples and mango back to our room for supper!!! Even my kids enjoyed them!!! Nice and not really cheap though... hahahaha....

No comments: