Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 12, 2014

My Mother's Day 2014

I always find a year passes really quickly. It's Mother's Day again and this is my 9th Mother's Day celebration, meaning my girl is turning 9th this year... Really fast, very quickly I'll be dealing with her teenage years and problems... 

Somehow, only after becoming a mother myself, do I learn to appreciate what my mother had done for me and also understood why she had done things in a certain manner. I somehow find that she had given me much trusts during my childhood and teenage years. I remembered going to school on my own starting from Primary years, taking school bus on my own, be in the primary school on first day on my own, doing homework and revision on my own. My parents never asked if there's homework for the day, they never asked when were my exams. They never knew what streaming was all about and never asked what I had for recess nor would they mind how many marks I got for my exams! All assessment books were sourced for and bought by my own! Those were the times and I would also had to worry about my younger sister and youngest brother's studies. Telling my brother what to expect if they didn't fare well for the exams, which school were better for them, etc... Unlike what my children were going through now, seems like me and WL were the ones going to school and not them!! We would worry for their coming exams, whether they had done their homework for the day! And we also need to attend workshops organized by the school and fixed an appointment with their teachers for a Parent-teacher meeting!!  My children never seem to worry about exams, spellings or assignments!! Why?? Is it due to us being over protective towards them or us having gone through the tough way hope that they can graduating primary school easily? 

It's not easy being parents nowadays, I find especially being a working mother! As mentioned in one of my post, I was really lucky to be able to work with my fathers company which allows me to work half day everyday, unlimited leaves and MCs, work from home when necessary and taking a full time working salary!! I had to ferry the kids to and fro school, settle their lunch and making sure they do their homework in the afternoon. Running to the market at least twice a week so we had a table full of dishes during dinner. Yes, I may not be the one cooking but supervising my helper to cook is not a simple task too!!  Many would think that having a helper at home, makes me a mummy shaking leg at home!!  Well, sometimes I wished I had 24 hours a day plus another 10 hours to sleep!!  With my active toddler now, I hardly had time for my own time and any ME time, except rushing to the market alone or doing grocery shopping before I pick my children up from school and of course, the time I took for shower!!

Being a super busy mum, I must say I enjoyed being a mother of 3, having 2 sons who stick to me like super glue!! And a daughter who's always challenging me, though she can be sweet at times! It's really tough but seeing them grow and learning many new things with them is certainly a joy! I never knew I am capable of doing soo many things till being a mother myself! 

Not forgetting the support I get from my hubby, he's being supportive in everything I do!  Hahaha... So that makes his job easy as am the one doing it!!  I must thank him for celebrating Mother's Day for me for the children and a lovely present for me this year, my S5!!! Loving it and him lots!!! Hahahaha.... :D



A lighted up rose from my lovely son who bought it from school on a Monday when they had a charity fair in the school canteen! My Adwin happily told me how special was the rose when I fetched him from school that afternoon. 
My Ashley was so angry she didn't get a chance to buy me a special rose that the next day she went and got a few handicraft flowers for me!
I should feel contented that my kids and my he always had me in their heart, buying me things they feel I like... haha... does it implies otherwise? Anyway, as always said, it's the thoughts that counts,  so accept everything and say thank you! ;)

And my hubby made me a 3D card this year! Very nice and unique dragon!!! :) I always enjoyed reading the message written on it!

And my 2 kids wrote me super sweet mesages too! Even helped Alvan  with a message since they know he has yet to know how to write and draw!

WL ordered a Kyoho grape cake from Pine garden as it's one of their Mother's day special cake. And it was rather disappointing, the cream was more than  the sponge cake and it was a small one with a high price! But the design was nice though...

These were my actual Mother's day dinner!! The kids were super happy to be eating roti prata for dinner! But the best was mee goreng, which was also the cheapest compared to has briyani and even the mutton murtubak! My Alvan was happily eating the murtubak and his first try on the milk prata, he thought it was sweet! Lol...

After dinner, WL brought us all for a walk at the waterfront park! First time for us to go there for a walk at night! And here, father and son looking at stars!  Lol...
My 2 super mischievous children!
Along the way, we saw a really big dog which looks like a lion! Haha.. and my Alvan really called it Lion!

A family potrait on my Mother's day,  not a nice one as 2 children had gone mad!!! Sigh...

No comments: