Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Gardens by the bay - tulipmania 2014

We finally had a chance to go for the Tuliamania this year, I had seen this exhibit last year but no chance to go for it!! And this year, I had arranged for us to go with my family, especially when my mum loves tulips!! And it so happened to be ending a week before Mother's Day, so I planned as a Mother's Day outing for my mum!! :)

We were pretty late when we reached the gardens, was around 4pm!! Well, I had intended to go early but my Ashley had too much homework to be completed before we can leave the house and as it was a public holiday, ie May Day (labour day, 1st May), the queue for the tickets were super long but lucky it was moving pretty fast!!

We had been to this flower dome about a year ago, so the photos showed here were only for the tulips!! Hahaha... Anyway, from what I recalled, the primary plant exhibits did not defer from what I had seen a year ago... So.. No special photos were taken!! Lol...

Here we were, a super crowded tulipmania, my Alvan was napping so only the 4 of us!! And this photo was taken by my mum, credit to her as she had never helped to take photo except being in the photo herself! Lol...

My awoken baby with tulips at the back... As it was the last week of this tulipmania exhibit, most of the tulips had bloomed totally, so it was not as beautiful as it were when it just bloomed...

The flowers at the back were not tulips, I can't recalled its name, but it sure smelled good when we were sooo near them!!!



My whole family outing!! We, or rather it's my family, who rarely take photo as a whole, mostly my parents would take photos with their grand kids! Lol... *the fully covered pram contained my Alvan!!* lol...

The 3 super naughty kids... Lol...

The other place I had in mind for organizing this outing was the playground at the gardens, that's opened just before the lunar new year this year! And lucky I had brought extra set of clothings for the kids, they were totally drenched!! But my Alvan refused to get wet!! Hahaha... These 3 had a super awesome time together!!!


This is a really big water play area, and the best thing is, it's free!! But the wash area is small and it's opened!! So not suitable for children especially girls to take a shower before leaving... So my kids only wiped and changed into the dry clothes...

Lots of parents standing at the side watching their kids get soaked!!! But I realized there's a lot of foreigners, Indians, whom I believed to be foreign workers here and I was quite disturbed that they would gathered together with their friends and started taking pictures of the kids here... But I had seen the staff from the gardens talking to them, not sure what message was conveyed but they would start moving away soon after... 

The other side of the wet playground was the dry one, more for toddlers and it's pretty small... But I guess enough for all kids to enjoy themselves here!! And a small eatery right between the dry and the wet playground!!!

It was a happy outing for all, especially when it seems like a long long time for me and my parents to be out for a long day... They were really looking forward to this since I had told them about it a week before...

I hope to be able to have more chances of gathering my kids with both extended families as I realized my kids would sometimes asked why are we going out with their grandparents when there's no special occasion. I need them to know that keeping their grandparents company is not something to be done only during special occasions or when they are free but done more often so they would do it when they have their families and not visit us only once a week routine... And especially when their grandparents are growing old each day as they grow up... 

No comments: