Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

NUS ArtScience museum

WL thought to bring the kids to this NUS ArtScience Museum for a visit one Sunday... And we need to buy the tickets online with a selected time slot before we visit... this kind of intrigue my interest to know what is sooo special about this museum that needs the public to decide on the time to visit and thus buy the ticket for that special time slot! So, here's my take for this visit...

There's a big interest wall design upon our entrance, which is nice... And pictures turned out nice.. haha..

The first section is about trees and plants in Singapore... there's even a few microscope with images for the visitors to have fun with... And here's my interested children and daddy.. 

Here's a close up of what you can see thru the scope...
Also some recorded information for visitors, I guess is to keep them occupied and not just looking at the displayed.... but audio aid and visual (videos recordings) aid to make all these facts interesting...

They also took the effort to list down the 10 common trees that can be found here... With a cross section cut of the truck and pic of the leaves, flowers and fruits for us.. Interesting... but my kids were not interested.. haha..
There's a big dinosaur skeletal display in the middle of the museum... what's lacking here may be some movement on the bones... they did have some light effects so - called being displayed here hourly, but not impressive!


Moving on is the moth and butterfly display... We were really surprised to see sooo many interesting and never seen before specimens here...

WL taking a selfie with baby... haha..
A big snow crab on display...

My act cute baby doing funny expression when he saw me taking pic!!!

Here's more information about crabs... many many different crabs around!!!

Information on food nutrition about bugs being eaten by other people around the world... Hahaa... yucky info! 

Some animal skins for visitors to have a feel on...

See the big chuck of dry elephant skin here... And also dry snake skin... yucks! 

Display of the life cycle of a frog from baby to adult in a water tank...

Comes next the skull display of mammals... And one can compare the size between them...

Here's a full skeleton display of human...

My Adwin taking a rest here...I believe the orang utan behind him is the famous A Meng...
There's a 2nd storey of the museum.... more info on the museums in Singapore during the early days and how they collected the information... very dry stuff... but a good view of the dinosaurs here...

This pic shows a swamp area in nee soon... which we were not aware and really surprised to see it...

There's also a small mini garden outside of this museum.. but no one takes interest in and we were left alone here.. so more Selfie... hahaha...

Initially started with me and my baby cos we were tired so took a rest here...

Followed by my lovely boy who insisted on super close contact with me for a selfie...

Next comes all my children holding on to my head and hand... hahaha...

I was so worried about them licking me here... hahaha...

Follow by my dear WL standing behind for a wefie!!! Hahaha... Really fun shot here!!

Ok, my take of this visit?? Ehm... sorry guys, I won't come if I knew it's about all those things we saw... hahaha... sorry, am not a science person and also not a really nature person... but this place may be interesting if students need to do some science project on life cycles of Living things.... else, maybe you can save the time and money doing other more interesting stuff.... hahaha... :p

No comments: