Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Bread making

My sis got me a new kenwood BM260 bread machine for my early birthday present!! I had been wanting to buy this machine hoping to make fresh breads for the family daily, so my wish finally comes true.... :)

Okay, my first loaf of bread was a failure... Sorry to say, if not for my second loaf of super soft and nice bread, I also will not know that my first loaf sucks!!! Haha...

And my guess for my failed bread should be due to the yeast used!! The first loaf, I used the bake king yeast which is in a small bottle, though it has not expired, but I did wonder how long can the bottle of yeast last once opened? I remember reading somewhere once the yeast is opened it should be used up within 24 or 48 hours!! Anyway, lucky I had another type of yeast available, which is packed in small satchets of 11g each. And viola... The second loaf of sweet bread taste wonderful and even the kids can eat them plainly!!! We have not been buying bread since last weekend!! Lol...

Am going to try the other recipes in the book... Hoping to make more nice and tasty breads for WL and the kids!!! :)

No comments: