Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Alvan taking his semi-solid well!!

Alvan finally is accepting purée sweet potato and brown rice cereal!!! Am so happy and delighted that he is able to open his mouth for food and finishing the food I prepared for him!!! I had kind of given up trying when he rejects the brown rice and plain rice cereal. Till the 28 July (7.5 months old) while grocery shopping at Fairprice at Civic Center, WL asked me to try giving him those baby bottle food, which I reluctantly chose heinz organic sweet vegetable, that is labeled for 4-6 months old baby. As always, I will warm up the food before feeding my kids, so I only spooned out 4 teaspoons for him to try... Surprisingly, he was crying for more when we finished them!! So, WL asked me to feed him half the bottle, which I did gladly and Alvan also finished happily!!! Am thinking if it's due to him being on my lap that's why he's happily enjoying the food!! Nevertheless, I am willing to feed him on my lap if he can finish all the food I prepared for him!! After he finished this bottle of purée, I went and made him home made sweet potato purée! The amount I prepared was enough for 3 days. On the 4th and 5th day, I went on to add the brown rice cereal to the purée, and Alvan also happily finished them all!!! Guess am very ambitious too, so on the 5th day, I gave him half the bottle of the custard with banana and strawberry purée!! He also finished it!! And am now busy searching online for more home made baby food recipe which I can prepared for him!!!

Am feeling like a new mother all over again, as I never had the chance to do all these for Ashley and Adwin!! I hope to be able to start Alvan right on track on solid and as much as possible, to be home made for him! As am trying my best to prepare dinner at home daily for WL and the 2 elder kids too!! And am feeling happy when every dishes are emptied every night!! Am always feeling excited about my dinner menu daily and now with baby Alvan taking his semi-solid so well, I will be busier running to the market daily!!! :)

No comments: