Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

My 2nd born had a fractured arm

I received a call from 2nd born school at around 11:30am today saying that he had injured his hand during his inline skating lesson. And the teacher asked if I would like to go over and bring him to the hospital or they called for an ambulance.  I kinda of shock when I heard about calling for an ambulance, so I told them I'll rush over and be there in about 20 mins.  But while I was packing and leaving my office, I decided to call the teacher up again and asked them to call for an ambulance so medical care can be given to 2nd born rather than waiting for me to bring him over. So I called daddy and both of us head over to KKH A & E and wait for my 2nd born arrival!

Upon seeing him I was shock to see that his right arm was pretty badly fractured.  There was an uneven bump close to his wrist. And he started crying hugging on to me. He must have had a bad shock too!! And lucky my sis, 2nd born's yi-yi rushed over after I informed her about it. As he had refused to allow the paramedics to perform any check or aid to his fractured arm. And he also refused to get onto the stretcher and ambulance!  At least with someone he knows, he managed to get onto the ambulance with his yi-yi.


He really had a super bad fractured arm as both the bones were broken and doc got to perform some procedure to make sure the bones are straight before putting on the cast for him.

He was given a jab to make him go into lala land so they can perform the straightening for him without too much of a trauma for him. And after about 20 mins,  he was being pushed out from the treatment room and place at the observation ward for the medication to wean off before we can head home. The picture below is him in lala land mode but with eyes wide opened. Abit scary state but at least we know he is in a stable and on the road to recovery stage.  

He was being wheeled to my car. Initially he was rejecting the wheel chair but after me telling him that this is to prevent him from falling as his medicine just wean off and he may still be dizzy, he finally sat on it.  He hates being taken pic when he's not in his handsome mode so all taken secretly... lol..
I was trying to get him onto my car and wanted to take a pic of him and he was angry... showing me his leg!!! :p
Slept along our way home....

He is given 7 days MC and will need to go back for review on the coming Monday... just praying that he can have a fast and smooth recovery... A very brave boy indeed!!! So heart pain to see him crying in pain and suffering... 
:(

No comments: