Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 04, 2013

Children's day 2013

I must blog this as its my first time contributing for the childcare celebration!! Hahaha... I made some cake pops and a last minute decision to make some swords and flowers balloons for Adwin's classmate, as this will be his last year celebrating in LGH!!

The cake pops were not really as expected, quite a messy job! Haha.. Firstly, I got the cake pops molds from Taobao.com, as I thought it would be easier to make it since there's not a need to crash the cake, mix with frosting and make them into balls by hand individually, but the mold did not deliver nice round cake pops!! And I guess my butter cake mix was not ideal too!! But I got no time, so the kids will have to swallow my so-so butter cake! And I had intended to coat the cake pops with white chocolate, but failed!! Cos the white compound chocolate did not melt after 3 mins in the microwave!! Lucky I had my Hershey's Choco chips as back up!! So instead of white cake pops, all turned out as Choco cake pops!! Anyways, my 2 kids had fun putting on all the decors!! Another challenge I faced, hardening the Choco!! Due to space constrains, I had to put all (30 pops) onto a plate and into my fridge! So when all had hardened, all pops were sticking together!! And some were 'disfigured'!!!  Haha... But since there were for kids, so maybe they won't mind?? Haha...

My individually packed cake pops!!

My not so nice cake before their make over!!


And my 2 bags of balloons sculpture all nicely done!!!
12 + 1 swords 


7 + 1 flowers!


The kids were soooo happy when they saw the 2 bags of balloons!! And Chelsea came to the window asking, "are the balloons for us?" Hahaha.. So happy to see the kids enjoying... Simple happiness!! That's the joy of being children!

And I had left my Ashley at AceGuru for the day... Topping up $10 so she can go over in the morning... I seriously do not understand why she's sooo keen to go there, maybe like what she told me before, over there nobody to disturb, and I would interpret it as 'nobody to scold me!'... Anyway, I just hope she can enjoy herself for a day, with really nobody to 'disturb' her... Happy children's day to my 3 precious!!! :)

No comments: