Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 26, 2022

My crochet works

This has been a hobby of mine since young, I remember starting out when I was only in P4, where we can learn crocheting at those shops or at Fairprice supermarket where yarns were sold.  There would always be a tutor there weekly whereby she will teach us what we want to do if we purchase the yarns there!  But nowadays, such services is no longer available anywhere I think, which I thought is sad, as this does deter many people to learn something if they were interested in any.  Though am a member of a few groups in Facebook of such interest, many would post online asking if there is anyone available to teach as they were interested in picking up a new skill/hobby.  Many were referred to some classes held in some shops, which I thought the price to pay for is very expensive compared to my times, where it's free.

This chair cover is made up of balance yarns, which I think is a very useful & easy project to start with.

This is a jacket made for my 3rd born with a hood!!

A toddler's poncho made for a friend's daughter.

My entrance to the kitchen valance.

A few ipod covers for my 1st born.

Cupcake!


Unicorn!

Elmo (for a Elmo fan)

A plain purple cover for my 1st born BFF!

I am more into crochet tops and bags, to-date, I have about 5 tops which I crochet for myself, not yet dare to crochet a bottom, though I have seen many ideas of dresses and shorts or skirts.

This is a 3D leaf bag design for my MIL on her birthday in 2020.

This is another 3D leaf bag for my sis-in-law as her christmas present 2021!

Another 2021 Christmas present for 2nd & 3rd born piano teacher!!  Again, another no pattern to follow bag, learnt the stitch and just went along to get my ideal size and with lining too!!  I finally am able to do up linings on all my crochet bags with a zipped pocket inside, am really impressed with myself! Hahaha...

This is a DIY pack which I got from Taobao, got a few actually, made for my 2 nieces for their Christmas in 2020!   I personally thought this design is really cute & nice!

This is also a DIY pack from Taobao, it can fit an iPad... with all the accessories included and even the instructions online to finish it!  Managed to use if for this CNY!

This bag is my trial one which i made with no specific instructions, size done with my guts after learning the stitch.

This is a last minute project which I did using some patterns found for the lion dance head for a bag actually, and I modified it to be a wine bag!  This was given to WL's friend during one of the gathering in 2021 CNY!



This is ONE of the top I did for myself, with my crochet bag!! hahaha.. taken during Xmas 2021 season with my 3rd born!

This is my BIGGEST Project ever done!!  A cover for my KING size bed, using granny squares!!  Initially I though it was easy, as I can always bring some yarns out with me and complete the granny squares, even joining them up was easy, the most difficult part is the weaving in of all the loose yarns! OMG... to be honest, I have kept this piece in my drawers with 80% of the ends still loose!! Hahahaha...

I always like to share my crochet journey with anyone interested in it... Though I had attempt to teach my 1st born with this hobby, but she was never interested... sadly, no one for me to pass on my skill to.  My 10 YO niece was initially interested and wanted to try her hands on amigurumi, but she gave up after a few tries, as she finds it difficult to handle single crochet stitch.  So, if anyone of you is interested, you can always try to reach out to me via my email.

No comments: