Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2014

Trip to Malacca during June holidays (part 1)

WL had been trying to plan for a trip overseas for the kids for their June holidays. But due to many recent accidents in the news that am a bit paranoid of travelling.  For example, the missing of MH370 in Mar and till today the authorities have yet to find the plane!  And Korea sinking of the ferry that took the lives of the students on board who were on authorise school trip! And I remembered some tour buses accidents in Malaysia. And recent many kidnapped children cases in Malaysia. So I thought it would be better to travel on our own.

Anyway, the kids always loved staying at their gong gong's house in Melaka and I thought that would also save us the $ staying in hotel to buy more things for the kids and to eat more food! Haha..

Our first dinner was trying out a Chinese restaurant at the newly renovated Pahlawan shopping mall. I can't recall the name of the restaurant, something dragon I think... hahaha...

Food wise, ok, at least the kids are eating and enjoying them. Drinks were good, tried their sweet corn drink and vegetable drink and I had some tea with wolf berries and Ginseng, which was finished by my Alvan!

The newly renovated Pahlawan shopping mall was big. And many new shops found, with this interesting sweets shop. It's becoming a trend to customise sweets and the kids each bought a lollipop, which was very tough and sour... :( anyway, we thought the shop was very nicely decorated! 

And we finally had the chance to buy this big Putu Pering from Melaka.  As it's a weekday so basically there's no queue and WL had ordered 20 pcs of them!!! Don't worry, we didn't finish all, half were for my aunty's family!  Haha.. but we all enjoyed it and my Ashley was loving it. So we had this for supper on our first and last day for this trip! Haha..

We went nearby coffee shop for breakfast the  next day. And it had become my Alvan's habit to ask for his bag of cars the moment he sat on a table! 
We ordered food from most of the stalls except for chicken rice! Haha.. never been a habit of us to have chicken rice for breakfast!! The kids had wanton noodles, helper had laksa, I had fried kway tiao (which I liked cos it's Malaysia's style of eating with sweet sauce! ) and WL had mee hoon kway. Everyone was full and so we decided to head to the nearby shopping mall for some shopping.

These cartoon characters were recognised by my Alvan and he happily stood next to them waiting for us to take a shot for him! Hahaha.. and WL happened to be in this shot as well... lol...

We head back home after some like shopping and bought some pizza buns back for lunch!! And see my 3 monkeys having pillow fight here!!! All were snatching to sleep on the cars bed!!!

And we decided to pop over for the famous satay celup for our early dinner before we proceed to our walk at jonker!!!  Lucky for us, we reached at about 5:20pm and it was not very crowded and most important, we were the first to the pot of satay gravy!!!

I must say it was really yummy after sooooo many years not having it, for me!!! I really missed this food especially when this was a must eat food for me before married, every time when we head back to Malacca,  we must go for this at least once. But after having kids, my kids could not stand the heat and no patience to wait for the food to be cooked, so had never visited it since then. Of course, the one I used to visit is not this outlet. 
Ashley helping to pick up our ingredients to be cooked.

After our Dinner, off we went to our must visit place again, Jonker walk!!  Kids taking pictures with those steel structures during our toilet break!!! Lol...

No comments: