Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Ashley in after school program...

We finally signed Ashley up for the after school care program by AceGuru. Reason being her SA2 exams are coming in a month's time and its been a chore getting her to sit down and do her assessment books and practices. As she's been having tuition at the centre since June till now, and it's a new program being set up here, we thought to let her try it out. She had been asking to go for such program since she knew her friend, Keelia, was in one since she started P1, as her parents are both working adults, so had no other choice.

Well, it's been a mix feeling for myself, as I had been faithfully knocking off early to pick her from school, taking lunch together and screaming on top of my voice to get to take her shower, do her homework and prepare for her spelling!! But now, since she's being taken care of by the centre, I can get off later from work and no need to rush to pick her.  Ashley had been a very independent girl since she attended childcare, maybe that's why she's been eagerly waiting to start off the after school program. 

In fact, I was pretty worry if she would get picked up by the correct person after school especially when the lady is arranged to pick her from gate 2 rather then going into the school. Nevertheless, I made the trip to reach the gate earlier hoping to take some pics of her waiting and being picked up, but mission failed! Hahaha... My super alert girl spotted me and came over saying, mummy, why are you here to pick me and not AceGuru?? She was really angry!!! Hahaha.. I went on and tell her to get back to the gate and wait for the lady, am here just to make sure you are being picked up!!! Hahaha... And off she went and got picked up by Ms Yick! I didn't managed to follow them back to the center... As the person in charge, Ms Huang sent me an SMS saying she had picked her up!


And a pic of her doing her homework sent by Ms Huang! Good that they are doing all these little things to assure us that our kids are doing fine there!

After signing Ashley here, it somehow sets me thinking if I am an incompetent mum who needs to send my girl to such a care center especially when I can bring her home after school. Let her rest and do her homework comfortable at the comfort of her own home and room. Anyway, I definitely hope to see some improvement in her work and hope she can really enjoy the company of the teachers and other friends there!

No comments: