Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My homemade thunder tea rice (擂茶)

This is my first time blogging an entry which happened on the same day!! Haha... Super rare!!

Ok, I managed to make this thunder tea rice for dinner today and am sooooo proud of it!! Because I had never thought I can make it and especially when WL even commented its nice!! So that made me happier!! Haha.... Another reason for me bogging it down, so I can refer when I need to cook again!! :p am getting really forgetful after having 3 kids!! Just an excuse? Lol...

The ingredients needed to make, I must say, is truly a lot and some are hard to get, so all the more I find it challenging!! It's a simple and healthy meal, but abit troublesome...

Here's the ingredient for the tea paste...
3 cups basil leaves
2 cups Coriander
1 cup Mint leaves
1 cup roasted peanuts
2 tbsp sesame seed
2 tbsp fried Ikan Bilis
1 tbsp green tea powder (if dun have, can substitute w Chinese tea leaves)
Some salt for taste
1 to 1-1/2 cup of water for blending

You just need to blend all ingredients together! Ehhhh, for the next round, I will omit light frying the basil leaves and the coriander! Somehow the soup is not really rich, the smell and taste is there, but when mixed with hot water, the paste will somehow get settled down on its own, and not fully 'dissolved' with the water!



No comments: