Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 02, 2012

Smash cake for baby

I had been sourcing for easy and nice recipes to bake my baby's first smash cake! And had been eying this recipe for a long while... Even bought the ingredients long ago, wanting to try it before baking the real thing for my baby...

And as always, I won't be able to get things done till the last minute! Haha... Ok, i admit I ahead been quite lazy, but.... No excuse right? Haha...

I only started baking on Thursday night... As the party is on Sunday night, so am still in time!! The ingredients look easy to get, and it just took me about 10 minutes to pop the cake into my oven!! So, twenty minutes later, my cake is ready!! But, sad to say, it taste awful!!... My guess is, the nutmeg and cinnamon taste are too strong and the whole meal flour makes the cake really hard...

So, I went online to search for other recipes!! And found this chocolate cake for baby's first smash cake! And lucky, I had all the required ingredients and off I went to bake it!! Haha... Eh, at least, the cake taste better in terms of softness and taste! Why would I bake a chocolate cake for my baby? Well, I was abit reluctant initially, but since the recipe calls for no egg, I am in! And I reduced the sugar to half the stated amount, using raw sugar!! Which I thought is another good smash cake recipe!

As for the icing, I decided to stick to the cream cheese icing! So, hope am ready for the party and my baby can have a good time smashing and enjoying his first cake baked by mummy!? :)








No comments: