Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

Adwin speech progress

I had wanted to jot down Adwin's speech development, as we feel he's really good in his speech compared to Ashley. Ashley can't really speak at the age of 2year 3mths, as this is the age we put her into full day childcare. At that time, I was really worried she get bullied in the center and not able to tell us or speak up. But after some time, I found she was a 'bully' in the center... hahaha... as a consolation to me, is she will not get bullied!! I don't know if that's the mentality of all mummies.

Ok, back to the development of Adwin's speech. In fact, we are very impressed with his development, and I actually contribute this to Ashley. As Adwin would follow Ashley whenever she's around. And he's picking up everything Ashley said, that is why people say, children's brain is just like a piece of sponge, they'll absorb whatever they hear, which I totally agree!! In fact, before Adwin turns 1 year old, he's able to differentiate 'Ma-ma' & 'Pa-pa' and gladly, his first word is 'Ma-ma' & 'Nai-nai' (which means milk!)

There were many occasions, when we ask Adwin to speak up, he just stared at us, but when Ashley ask him to say something, he'll gladly say it after him!!

1) Now, at his age, 17mths, whenever I bring him to the bedroom to sleep, he'll point to me and say "Jie-jie, lai, or-or", which means "sister, come, sleep".

2) He had also associate darkness with sleeping!! So, whenever, he sees night time, he'll turn to me and say "an-an" (darkness) and I would ask him, so what do we do when it's dark? He'll reply, "or-or" (sleep)! hahaha...

3) By the age of 1, he is able to tell me when he wants milk, he'll turn to me and say, "Nai-nai", partly I feel it's due to him still being breast-fed, he will not just cry for his milk, he'll always tell me he want "nai-nai"!

4) Recently, due to the serial on ch8 about Ping Pong (table-tennis), WL had bought a pair of the bats at home and Adwin can bring the 2 bats & pass to the daddy & tell him "ping-pang", indicating he wanna play!

5) Adwin is also able to hum "Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars" at about 13-14 mths old, this really impresses me!! He loves this song so much, whenever my mum sings the chinese version to him, he'll have the stars action, opening & closing of hand high up!! Now at 17mths old, he tries to sing the song! hahaha... And he really loves music, whenever he hears music, he'll clap his hands and would ask me to join him in clapping! Even when we are outside shopping!!

6) And he is able to address all our family members correctly!! Ma-ma, Pa-pa, Jie-jie, Yi-yi, Yi-zhang, Po-po, Gong-gong, Ye-ye, Nai-nai, even my mum's maid, ka-ka... but sometimes he address her as "apa", cos whenever my mum calls my maid, she would ask "apa"! haha... there was an incident last week, where the maid went to the corridor to do laundry and Adwin was standing at the door, calling out "apa" a few times, seeing that she did not response to him, he shouted her name "anah"!! hahaha... that's how naughty my Adwin is!!

7) He's really afraid of insects and would should "ga-ga" (insects) if he sees one, after which, he'll pat his chest & tell us, "pa-pa" (scare) and point to that insect! Even when he sees one in a book, magazine or papers, he's sure to do this!

All these makes me feel that, my kids are really growing up so fast.. hope I can do something about my job, so I can have more time with them... :(

No comments: